1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
2 cups sugar
14 egg whites, at room temperature
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Glaze Icing
1 3/four cups confectioners’ sugar
four -five tablespoons sparkling lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to three hundred°F Sift flour into a dry mixing bowl. Sift sugar right into a separate bowl and set both aside.
2. Using a copper or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites first until foamy. At this factor upload salt and cream of tartar if the usage of stainless-steel bowl after which beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold in sugar with rubber spatula. Next, fold flour in to egg white and sugar combination in 2 batches. Now, lightly fold in vanilla, almond and lemon juice. When all has been integrated, pour batter into a 10-inch non-stick tube pan and smooth out top.
3. Bake for about 1 hour till cake is faded creamy brown shade and top springs again whilst gently touched with finger and/or a wood skewer comes out smooth. Cool cake the wrong way up in pan.
4. When cool, put off cake from pan and frost with Lemon Glaze Icing
5. To make glaze: Sift sugar into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and beat until smooth. Drip, drizzle or pour icing on top of cake after it has cooled.
Makes 14 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 243, Total Fat zero.2 g, Protein four.8 g, Carbs fifty six g, Sodium 66 mg, Fiber 0.2 g